Essential Board Plan
Guide Your Nonprofit Board in Developing Annual Goals & a Work PlanWatch Promo
The Essential Board Plan is an online facilitated workshop designed to guide a nonprofit board to develop an annual board set of goals and work plan.
The Essential Board Plan Team is the Board itself, which may also include the Executive Director. The process can accommodate any size board.
The Essential Board Plan Tasks include:
- Identify Board Roles
- Assess Board Roles
- Identify Board Goals
- Develop Preliminary Board Goals
The format of the process is designed in four parts:
- Orientation and Prework – specifically for the Executive Director and Board Chair, who will be driving the process.
- Workshop – a 2-hour workshop in which the board gathers in person to view the online guided facilitation, and participate through the 4 tasks
- Postwork – specific work, in tandem, that occurs over the course of a month or more.
- Executive Director and Board Chair
- Board Meeting – final step in the process to approve the Essential Board Plan for the organization.
The Essential Board Plan Template is the framework that captures all the work completed and synthesized throughout the process. It is the final document that is approved, and can be used as the guiding work plan for the Board.
Helping nonprofits save time and money fulfilling their mission.
EssentialWorth Founders Jay W. Vogt and Judy A. Ozbun, bring a combined 50+ years of broad organizational expertise across multiple sectors (corporate, small business, nonprofit, academia) and industries (healthcare, retail, environment, education, and others).
Jay believes EssentialWorth can help transform nonprofits by providing online solutions that spark conversation and unite teams.
Judy is passionate about translating planning into fun, empowering and actionable processes that help nonprofit leaders create plans they will use–so that they can get back to their passion to improve the world.
PreviewWelcome to your workshop! (2:40)
StartTask 1(A): Identify Board Roles (Pairs) (1:20)
StartTask 1(B): Identify Board Roles (Group) (8:45)
StartTask 2(A): Self-Assessment (2:46)
StartTask 2(B): Self-Assessment Results (0:36)
StartTask 3(A): Define Preliminary Board Goals (3:36)
StartTask 3(B): Present Preliminary Board Goals (0:29)
StartTask 4(A): Assign Committees (5:21)
StartTask 4(B): Create Action Plan (2:46)
StartWorkshop Wrap-up (1:19)